– Chopped Salad: Chopped iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado and crispy prosciutto. Served with our signature house dressing.
– Mushroom Ravioli with Braised Veal: Ravioli stuffed with roasted mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and served with Marsala cream sauce, spinach & sun-dried tomatoes.
– Gnocchi and Italian Sausage: Ricotta pasta simmered in a tomato cream sauce, finished with vodka, roasted garlic and sliced Italian sausage
– Rigatoni D: Rigatoni pasta, herb-roasted chicken, mushrooms and caramelized onions, tossed in a Marsala cream sauce.
– Lemon Cookies: Complimentary for parents’ anniversary
When I first came here, all the portions were way too much, and there were always plenty of leftovers. That was years ago. The second time, I came here with a large party for a company-sponsored dinner, and there were countless dishes, as if our company had ordered the 100-course meal. Since then, I’ve always thought of Maggiano’s as a place that really, really fills you up. However, when I came recently, the portions seemed to be lacking. Don’t get me wrong, the dishes are still filling, especially the white sauces, but there just seemed to have been much less food than I remembered.
If you order from the Classic Pastas section, you can take an extra order home (selected from the same section). It’s essentially a “buy one, get one free” offer, but I’m sure many people miss this because it’s not clearly written. My favorite was actually the salad. The Rigatoni D used to be our family’s favorite, but it just didn’t seem as good as before. The complimentary lemon cookies were amazingly soft and delicious. Originally, the waitress didn’t provide enough for each person in our party to have one, but she was nice enough to bring us a whole extra set of lemon cookies. As usual, bread is provided in the beginning of the meal, and you can ask for more.
If anything, at least the restaurant is as spacious as before. Beautifully decorated for the holidays. I was only bothered by the table next to us, where a couple was feeding their child by placing food on the table, not on a plate, for her. She was picking off the table with her bare hands. So unsanitary.