PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKE TIME: 40 minutes
- 12 Slices Cinnamon Swirl Bread, Cut Into Cubes
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Pieces
- 2-1/2 Cups Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Place bread cubes into a lightly greased 2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate pieces over the bread cubes. Beat milk, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour milk mixture over bread cubes. Stir and press bread cubes into milk mixture to coat.
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Easy to make and very chocolatey. Not great bread pudding, but it’ll pass.