PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 12-14 minutes
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour (Replace 2 Tablespoons with Unsweetened Cocoa Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
1. Preheat over to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Put butter and sugar into a bowl and beat together until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and stir into the bowl. Mix to a smooth dough.
3. Mix together the granulated sugar, instant coffee powder, and cinnamon on a plate. Divide the dough into 24 even pieces and shape each piece into a walnut-size ball. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar, then place on the prepared baking sheets, spaced well apart to allow for spreading. Flatten each ball slightly with your fingers.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
First off, in order to make 24 cookies, as this recipes indicates, the cookies have to be SMALL. Think MINI cookies. BITE-SIZED. Not only are they too small to enjoy, but be careful, because their small size makes them easier to burn too! Also, these cookies are on the dry side.
(having fun with the cinnamon sugar)