PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 20-25 minutes
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Coarsely Grated
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1-1/2 Cups Raspberries (I used Frozen Mixed Fruit)
- 3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place about 12 muffin cups in a muffin pan.
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in sugar. Add butter and stir with a fork to coat in the flour mixture. Lightly beat the egg in a bowl, then beat in the milk.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in raspberries/mixed fruit and half of the chocolate chips.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the muffins. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until risen, golden, and just firm to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Not incredibly terrible, but I would definitely NOT make this again. First off, the recipe only makes 11 normal-sized muffins, NOT 12, unless you make 12 tiny muffins I guess. The recipe is also a bit dry and tasteless. The mixed fruit I used included peaches, mangoes, and strawberries, but even if I used raspberries, I still wouldn’t like this recipe. NOT recommending this recipe.