Gone to Heaven Chocolate Pie
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Dark Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks or 2 whole eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- One 9-inch pie shell
- Whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
1. Bake pie shell; cool. Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk in a separate container/bowl. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired.
AWESOME recipe!! Incredibly easy to make, but looks like it was store-bought, as I have been told several times. Rich, but not too sweet (mostly because the recipe calls for dark chocolate rather than milk or white chocolate). Delicious and looks amazing. The pie was gone in a matter of seconds; everybody loved it! So THIS is what heaven tastes like…Definitely making this again in the future. Makes 6-8 servings.