Garlic Noodles with Chicken – Shangri-La
I’ve passed by this place countless times, yet I have never been tempted to try it out. Amazing Chinese food is just difficult to come by these days, especially in Dublin. A friend took me to this place, and here are my thoughts:
* great lunch specials – many options to choose from; I ordered the daily special: Garlic Noodles with Chicken plus choice of soup (I chose corn chowder) for $7.95
* large portions – my plate must have been about 12″ in diameter, and it was completely covered with food!! (rather than a large plate with only a fist-full size of food in the center)
* friendly service, but infrequent – took a long time to be noticed that we were patiently waiting for a seat, then took a long time to get our orders in despite being ready within 5 minutes of being seated, but the food came out quick!
* parking lot available – but apparently one area is for to go (1 hour) parking only
* easy to find the location
* staff speaks both English and Chinese
* food tastes decent, not too oily – most of the dishes seem to cater to Americans, but I loved the garlic noodles and the super tender and juicy chicken! Aroma was excellent as well!