- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 20 Regular Oreos, chopped
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- white/milk/dark/semisweet chocolate for drizzle, optional
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray. (I lined it with parchment paper instead of spraying)
- In a large bowl, pour measured Rice Krispie Cereal.
- Chop and mash Oreos. You want the Oreos to be a variety of sizes, from chunky to finely crushed.
- Add Oreos to Rice Krispie cereal and stir to combine.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together. (I opted to microwave the marshmallows with butter for 1 minute and stirred until melted together)
- Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.
- As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9×13″ dish. Use the spatula to press the mixture around the dish, and flatten as needed. (You can also place parchment paper over the mixture and press with your palms to avoid getting your hands sticky while flattening the mixture as much as possible)
- Let sit until completely cooled. When the rice krispie treats are cooled, you can drizzle with some chocolate and let it set until it hardens for a pretty finish. (I melted hazelnut chocolate chips to drizzle on top, or at least it tastes like hazelnut – I’m not entirely sure since someone else had bought them for me)
Surprisingly, this was not too sweet, in a good way. Easy to make. Delicious treats. Takes little time. You can cut the pieces as big or as small as you want, depending on whether or not you want to share. You can even use cookie cutters, if you’d like. I always thought rice krispie treats were plain; it was not until recently that I realized (thanks to Pinterest) that tons of recipes allow all kinds of filling!