- 1 box brownie mix – follow directions on box
- 1 box strawberry cake mix – follow directions on box
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine brownie ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Then, combine strawberry mix in a separate bowl.
- Fill bottom of cupcake liners with a spoonful of brownie batter. Then, add another spoonful of strawberry mix on top. The cups should be about 2/3 full. This makes about 24 mini cupcakes and 12 regular sized cupcakes.
- Bake at 340 for 18-20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add one cup of powdered sugar at a time. Then, add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
These are delicious! If you use cupcake liners, it’s hard to see the chocolate layer of this “neopolitan” cupcake. However, you’ll definitely taste all the layers in one bite! The “vanilla” layer should be sandwiched between the strawberry and chocolate layers, but I heard no complaints.
Using brownie mix and strawberry mix from a box saves a lot of time. You can also add sprinkles on top.