1 box red velvet cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 C. powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees, and line pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
3. Scoop out pieces of dough that are about 1 tablespoon in size and roll each into a ball. Dough will be gooey.
4. Drop dough ball into powdered sugar and cover with the sugar, then place onto cookie sheet 3 inches away from other dough balls.
5. Bake for 7-10 minutes and let cool.
6. Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Pipe onto the bottom of half the cookies, then sandwich with another cookie. Sprinkle powdered sugar to decorate.
Do you like soft cookies? Do you like cream cheese? Do you like red velvet? If so, then these cookies are for you! As soft as biting into a marshmallow, these sweet treats will melt in your mouth! The toughest part about making these is making the cookies about the same size. Otherwise, the sandwiches wouldn’t look balance if the cookies were all different shapes and sizes. Makes about 13 large whoopie pies.