- 1 box yellow cake mix (dry – not prepared)
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and egg. Mix until smooth and well combined.
3. Press dough evenly over the bottom of a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Set aside.
4. In a separate large bowl, beat and cream the cream cheese. Add the eggs and beat until smooth for a minute or two. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
5. Pour over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes or until done. Do not over bake.
6. When done, remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into.
Ooey gooey pieces of goodness! Great consistency, soft yet firm. They look like lemon bars, but they taste like cheesecake. Added chocolate syrup on top for better contrast. Love the crust, and the simple shortcut to make it. Very easy recipe that produces very amazing results. Yum!