- 12 oz bag of White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for garnish
- In microwave-safe bowl, pour in white chocolate chips and heat for 1 minute. Stir and repeat heating in 30 second increments, until chips are melted.
- Combine the peanut butter with the melted chocolate chips, and add rice krispies.
- Let this cool approx. 15 – 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to help cool.
- Add the marshmallows and the mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly with the back of your spoon or your hands. Do not compact too much, otherwise they will become too firm.
- Press the remaining chocolate chips into the top for garnish.
- When the bars are completely cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!
I had no idea what Avalanche Bars were until my roommate requested them. For those of you who are just as clueless as I was about Avalanche Bars, they are similar to s’mores bars. Sweet, soft yet chewy/gooey, easy and quick to make, and fun to eat! I used regular-sized chocolate chips, and they still turned out great.