- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9″ x 13″ with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine butter, one egg, and cake mix. Mixture will be stiff. I used my hands to combine the dough.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, slice the strawberries into approx 1/4″ slices.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining egg until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the partially baked crust.
- Evenly arrange the sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set and crumbs on top turn golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
I liked these the day I made them better than the leftovers. Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers you have. Strawberries turn a bit mushy, but it tastes great. If you’re going to take a photo of your masterpiece, make sure to do it before you slice it into pieces because it doesn’t look as appealing as bars than as a whole in the pan!