- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz large marshmallows (or a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows)
- 1/3 cup dry Red Velvet Cake mix
- 6 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup butter or cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Line a 10″ x 15″ jelly roll pan/baking pan with foil and grease lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat
- Add marshmallows, and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in dry cake mix, stirring until mixed completely with marshmallow.
- Stir in rice krispie cereal, and coat evenly with mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and press evenly. Allow it to cool.
- Make filling by beating butter and powdered sugar together.
- Cut the rice krispie treat sheet in half, so you have two equal portions, and spread the filling on one of the two halves.
- Place the other half of rice krispie on top.
- Cut into squares. Store airtight for up to 2 days (I refrigerated these).
These are a big hit for group gatherings. They look nice too! How often do you see red Rice Krispie treats?? It’s much simpler to make than it looks/sounds. Great if you need a cream cheese recipe.