- 1 cup chopped strawberries (I used about 1-1/3 cup)
- 2 Tbsp flour (will be mixed with strawberries)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray or grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan, set aside. [I lined the pan with aluminum foil]
- In a small/medium bowl, mix strawberries and 2 Tbsp flour, coating strawberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined evenly, scraping sides as necessary.
- Add baking powder and salt, and continue to mix.
- Turn mixer to low and alternate between adding in flour and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Fold in strawberries, and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Store airtight for up to 2 days.
- Beat pureed strawberries, cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Spread over bread, allowing it to drip down the sides.
The glaze was runny, rather than solid. Might be because I used more than 1/4 cup strawberries in the puree (about 1/3 or 1/2 cup), or might be because I used 8 oz of cream cheese instead of 4 oz. In any case, I tried to fix it by adding about 1/4 cup more powdered sugar, which helped a little, but it was still quite liquidy. Given that I had never had strawberry bread before trying this recipe, I think it tasted pretty good! Others seemed to think so too.