5 Cup Rice Chex cereal
3/4 Cup White chocolate chips
1/4 Cup Semisweet or milk chocolate chips
2 oz Cream cheese, room temperature
1-1/2 Tbsp Milk
1 Cup Red velvet cake mix
1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
1. Measure out Rice Chex cereal and place into a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Place cake mix and powdered sugar into a large plastic bag or Tupperware with a lid.
3. Melt chocolates together in the microwave or on the stove top. Careful not to burn. Stir until smooth.
4. Stir in cream cheese and milk.
5. Pour chocolate over Chex cereal. Stir until coated.
6. Add cereal into plastic bag/Tupperware with powdered sugar and cake mix. Shake, shake, shake until coated!
I used Honey Nut Chex, instead of the original flavor. It added a nice flavor that made many people believe I had added peanut butter to the recipe. It’s easiest to shake everything in a large plastic bag (freezer bag), but since I didn’t have any at the time, I improvised and used a large pot with a lid instead. Very simple to make these, and it doesn’t take much time, or create much of a mess. These snacks are also called puppy chow (and even reindeer poop, but this latter name doesn’t sound very appealing). Because of the cream cheese, it’s best to keep this snack in the fridge if you won’t be eating them that day. You can also just omit the cream cheese altogether – if so, you don’t need milk.