It’s been awhile since I’ve made a white sauce pasta, and I needed to prep for the upcoming snow day(s). Thus, I searched through the kitchen/fridge, and this is what I came up with:
- 1lb Medium Shells
- 3-10oz cans of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1lb Ground Turkey, cooked
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, halved
- half a bundle of Cilantro
1. Boil the pasta and brussels sprouts.
2. In a large pot, combine all ingredients except cilantro. Bring to a boil.
3. Add cilantro.
I wish I had cheese on hand; unfortunately, I did not. Even though this tastes great without cheese, I’m pretty sure it would taste a lot better WITH cheese. Fun fact: apparently brussels sprouts is spelled with an “s” at the end of “brussel.” Most people don’t pronounce it this way, myself included, so I was unaware that it should be “brussels sprouts” instead of “brussel sprouts.” How did I learn this random piece of information? Well, while I was shopping for groceries, I came across a bag of brussels sprouts and realized the spelling seemed odd. I was certain that it was misspelled on the bag! As a result, I just HAD to double check – I opened up Google, my trusty resource. Sure enough, it’s spelled B-R-U-S-S-E-L-S!