- 1 box cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla with a spatula. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Form rounded balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Add a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls for better presentation, if desired.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will initially be very soft. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
This recipe is simple and easy. This time, I used Betty Crocker 15.25oz Yellow cake mix, but you can use any type of cake mix as a shortcut. Except for the flavor, the result is typically the same: soft, gooey, chocolatey cookies that will disappear in seconds!