- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 24 Ounces Broccoli Florets
- 16 Ounces Red Potatoes, Quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, honey, brown sugar, Dijon, garlic, oregano, and basil. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken in a single layer, and brush each chicken breast with honey mixture.
- Place into oven, and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Add in broccoli during the last 10 minutes of cooking time, then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
When your schedule is as crazy as mine, there’s often no time or energy to cook, but at the same time, it’s important to have good nutrition. That’s why meal prep exists! This recipe is fantastic because 1) it consists all the major food groups – you’ve got your protein, veggies, and carbs and 2) all the food can be prepped on one pan! However, that’s not exactly what I ended up doing. I like to boil my broccoli until it reaches just the right amount of tenderness/crunchiness, so I cooked my broccoli separately. Also, I dunked the chicken breasts into the marinade and let them soak up all the flavors for a bit, instead of using a brush. The resulting chicken has a nice sweetness to it. For the potatoes, I sprinkled oregano on top.
This is great for those who want to be healthy, but without giving up flavor in their meals. Meal prep in general can often take a long time, but ultimately, it makes for a quick meal later! If you easily get tired of eating the same thing over and over again, then this is not for you. Otherwise, give this a try!