- Black Beans
- Tomatoes, chopped/Salsa
- Chicken, Cooked and Shredded
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Cook chicken and shred. Set aside.
- Rinse lettuce and separate into pieces to be used as wraps.
- Rinse black beans. Set aside.
- Set each ingredient in separate containers, fill up a lettuce wrap with ingredients, top with sour cream, cheese, and green onion, if desired, and enjoy!
In search of a healthy meal? Well, put away the tortillas and give this a try! Instead of spending time prepping tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers, I found a container at the store that contained all of these ingredients – already chopped and fresh! I cooked the black beans in sofrito for extra flavor. I also added mini quiche as an extra treat. This was originally eaten as a wrap. It was quickly realized that this was too difficult to eat without making a mess, mostly because of the type of lettuce that I used (Romaine can’t hold much without falling apart). I decided to meal prep with the leftovers and to eat this differently (because I need to maintain some decency at work). I separated each ingredient into rows and tore up the lettuce for easier consumption. The end result was that I brought a beautiful, delicious rainbow to work, and usually colorful meals are healthy meals!